Modem Drivers

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Mon Feb 14 02:44:27 UTC 2005

I think I may be forced to use a 56K dialup modem when I'm in the UK
next month. I have not used Linux with dialup in some years now. I did
at one time, and still have a heavy old "real" 3Com external 56K modem,
but I'd prefer to just use my laptop's internal modem.

How do I get started with dialup in Fedora Core 3? Does it have a
capability for dialing UK freephone numbers like '0800 1234 5678901'?

Can anyone offer me advice for using Fedora Core with a modem without
losing my hair?

Bob