openoffice.org-1.1.3-5.5.0: bug or feature?

Arthur Pemberton dalive at flashmail.com
Mon Feb 14 03:48:23 UTC 2005

I just yumed my way to the latest FC3 release of OpenOffice
(BTW...thanks to whoever fixed the paste bug). After yum was all done I
went ahead and start Calc from the menu (I use KDE). Calc loaded very
quickly ( I estimate that the splash screen lasted for only about 25% of
it's previous times). However Calc loaded to this very scary screen. I
used kSnapshot and uploaded the result:
http://pembo13.dalive.com/snapshot-oocalc-1.1.3.png . Now normally,
being opened up for the approprate app. So I had never before seen this
screen. Having been in windows for awhile (3.1 to WinME) bad habits die
slow, so I rebooted the machine. I know I don't have to reboot to
implement an upgrade but still. Came back up, and got the same result. I
decided to open a document, since the simple file menu in oocalc was
active, and it open the file as normal. Was also able to open a new doc etc.

But what I want to know is is thsi new behavior correct? It certainly
isn't user friendly. I don't won't to go filing  abug report prematurely.

Thank you.