TurboTax - Linux?

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Mon Feb 14 18:06:16 UTC 2005

STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) wrote:

>>Of course. And Turbo Tax for the Web (and all of the other
>>companies) also
>>use https. I guess the question is: a secure protocol _to what_?
>>

>>--
>>Matthew Miller            mattdm at mattdm.org
>>

>Back to the original quesiton, have people tried running
>Turbo Tax under wine?  I was going to try it out just for
>grins, but have not gotten to it yet.
>
>Robert Styma

A week or so ago while researching the possibility of using Wine to run
TurboTax in FC2 I ran across a couple of messages reporting that this
year or last TurboTax software started making changes to the masterboot
record when run in Wine.  As a relative linux neophyte, that was enough
of a cautionary note to dissuade me from trying it.  I also did not find
any clear declaration that people were actually succeeding in running
TurboTax under Wine.