Password queries in Nautilus

August fusionfive at comhem.se
Tue Feb 15 01:58:50 UTC 2005

On mån, 2005-02-14 at 17:47 -0500, Johnathan Bailes wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:06:29 +0100, August <fusionfive at comhem.se> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > In Nautilus I have setup a connection to a server. Each time I start
> > Nautilus it asks for the password to the keyring and to the server. This
> > is rather irritating, since most of the time I do not want to access the
> > server, just browse the files on my local computer. Is there a way to
> > change this faulty behavior so that Nautilus defers the password queries
> > to when I try to access the server?
> >
> > --
> > August
> >

> I feel like a doofus.
>
> How did you get Nautilus to always connect to a server when it starts?
>
> Does this stay persistent even if you unmount that volume or reboot or
> just on multiple logins on a box that has been up the entire time?

I connected to the server with `Nautilus -> File -> Connect to Server'.
It's an FTP server with login hosted by my broadband provider where I
update my homepage every now and then. Actually I haven't thought of
unmounting it and it stays persistent until I unmount it. If I don't
have it permanently mounted I have to fill in all the information every
time I have to access it, right?

--
August