Black page instead of login screen-Fedora2

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Feb 15 17:00:39 UTC 2005

powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp wrote:
> Paul, as stated, this happens with any kernel. I guess I'm using whatever
> nVidia drivers that Fedora recognized the 1st time I installed/booted. Why
> does this happen with only some kernels..? Shouldn't the developers be
> looking out for this kind of thing..? Damn annoying.
>
> P.S. I don't think it was just the kernel that was updated, as I did a yum
> update. Cheers.

OK, so it sounds like you're not using the proprietary nvidia drivers.
Can you boot to runlevel 3 without problems (press "e" in the grub menu
and append " 3" to end of the line, then press return to boot)?

What do you have in the "Device" section of your /etc/X11/xorg.conf?

P.S. Your computer's clock/timezone appears to be around 14 hours fast.

Paul.