Password

Alan Peery peery at io.com
Tue Feb 15 17:03:42 UTC 2005

Eric Tanguy wrote:

>I need to create an account for a child on my machine and for that i need
>to make a very simple password. But when i try to do that the system
>answer that this password is based on a dictionay word and refuse to do
>it. So how it is possible to assign a simple passwd to just one account ?
>Thanks
>Eric

For a young child this may be the wrong choice entirely.  I would
consider setting the machine to auto-logon, and start the GUI session as
that user.  This allows you to keep a good, non-crackable password on
the machine for their account, so that it is hard to crack open that
machine via the network.

I am afraid that I don't know if there are hooks for auto-login in
Fedora Core...

Alan