Password

Lloyd Hayes lloyd545220-trucker at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 18:44:17 UTC 2005

>Eric Tanguy wrote:
>

>>I need to create an account for a child on my machine and for that i need
>>to make a very simple password. But when i try to do that the system
>>answer that this password is based on a dictionay word and refuse to do
>>it. So how it is possible to assign a simple passwd to just one account ?
>>Thanks
>>Eric
>>

>For a young child this may be the wrong choice entirely.  I would
>consider setting the machine to auto-logon, and start the GUI session as
>that user.  This allows you to keep a good, non-crackable password on
>the machine for their account, so that it is hard to crack open that
>machine via the network.
>
>I am afraid that I don't know if there are hooks for auto-login in
>Fedora Core...
>
>Alan

I have my laptops set to auto-login. No problem at all. The only time
that I use the password is when I log-off and log back on without
shutting down. I happen to be using Win XP right now. I have FC3 on a
different partition on this computer. But there is a menu item for this,
but I would have to go back and re-do it to remember what it was, but it
is a simple check box, plus you designate which account is the auto
login account.

If you need a simple password that he could remember, try his name plus
his age combined, "roger09"

Lloyd Hayes

Email: lloyd545220-trucker at yahoo.com
E-FAX Number: (208) 248-6590