Totally Peeved-Fedora3 Upfrade Errors

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Fri Feb 18 13:25:01 UTC 2005

> Hi All,
>
> okay, thanx guys, but, could I have that in plain English, thanx. How does it
> in fact change, possibly, my problem..? Cheers.
>
> Mark Sargent.

    The same way it helped me (even though I'm on SCSI for burning!) At
boot time, tell grub to use the normal startup, but include "nocddma" to
see if it helps.  It sure did, here.

    You can also edit /etc/grub.conf like this:

title Fedora Core (2.6.10-1.766_FC3)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.10-1.766_FC3 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet <-- goes here
        initrd /initrd-2.6.10-1.766_FC3.img

    This is one entry of the kernels *I* have; yours might be different.
In fact, I almost guarantee it.  Just find that "...rhgb quiet" and tack
"nocddma" on there, with a space between'em.  Then "init 6" when you're
ready, and it'll restart.

    Enjoy!
Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller