Gnome-sound-recorder not working FC2 -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at att.net
Fri Feb 18 14:59:53 UTC 2005

        *I have been trying to make voice recording work without
        success. Neither Gnome-sound-recorder nor Audacity respond to
        microphone input. Sound works normally otherwise, I can listen
        to streaming audio with Real player, xmms works, etc.*

        *I did boot Win98 to check hardware operation there and the
        voice recorder worked normally so presumably the equipment is
        working.

        I tried settings in alsamixer to no avail but perhaps I missed
        something there?

        Hwbrowser shows:

        Ensoniq

        ES1371 [AudioPCI-97]

        Driver:   snd-ens1371

        I normally run xfce but the result is the same using Gnome.*

        *Any suggestions appreciated.

        Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia.*..

Ensoniq

ES1371 [AudioPCI-97]