OpenLDAP-SSL + Samba + PAM + Kerberos for Authentication and Directory Services

Johnathan Bailes johnathan.bailes at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 06:42:46 UTC 2005

This is out of pure curiosity.

I have seen a few guides but I wanted to ask what were the guides that
helped the people out here get this going.

I mean I saw Directory Administrator seems pretty tight for upkeep
after I get this all set up.

But ...

What is the very best guide for setting up OpenLDAP-ssl + Kerberos for
Authentication and getting Samba  set to authenticate against it and
how would I set up a linux client to authenticate against it for
testing?

Has anyone done this before?