ATI graphics card driver

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 20 18:41:43 UTC 2005

David Curry wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
> Your Thinkpad card may well be supported by Xorg drivers included in the
> FC3 distribution.
>
> See http://wiki.x.org/X11R6.8.0/doc/r128.html

Just got around to looking at xorg.conf and the card in it is the Rage
128 with r128 as the selected driver.  However, when I attempt to
compile in r128 support, I get a blank screen and have to boot up to
either a kernel with Radeon support built-in or I have to build r128
support as a module.  Does anyone have a working kernel with r128
support built-in or knows what I have to do to get a working kernel with
  r128 support built-into the kernel?

--
James McKenzie
With assistance, Now running 2.6.11rc3, Software Suspend 2