drop package message being logged to console after reboot

Ian P. Thomas ipt at scraemon.org
Wed Feb 23 00:39:52 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 15:44 -0800, Nina Pham wrote:
> I'm using fc2,  kernel2.6, After rebooting the system, all the drop
> package messages are displayed to console. That makes the graphical
> login console is unable to display. Is there anybody has encounter the
> problem? any idea how to fix this?

The following should tell you what messages are being sent to the
console:

	grep -n '/dev/console' /etc/syslog.conf

If any of the lines listed do not contain a '#' following the line
number (n:), add a '#' to the beginning of those respective lines,
commenting them out.  Don't forget to restart syslog after changing the
syslog.conf file so the changes can take effect immediately.

Ian