Probleme with kernel version

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Feb 23 10:27:22 UTC 2005

BZ Benny wrote:
> I have to build an aplication to be running on a board
> with a 2.6.8 kernel version.(this application will be
> build as a module of the kernel)

Is it possible for your PC to run with the exact same 2.6.8 kernel as
the target board? Why does it have to be 2.6.8?

> Before,I have to build it under My PC and to test it.
>
> The problem is that my PC run with 2.6.10 FC3  kernel
> version.
>
> Is it really forbidden, or not possible?

You can run whatever kernels you want. Nobody can forbid it, but your
hardware may not like some kernels.

> I tried to search at
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/SRPMS/
> for 2.6.8 FC3 kernel but I didn"t find it, did it exist?

Try here for one:
http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/sourceforge/l/li/linux-ntfs/kernel-2.6.8-1.528.2.10.src.html

Paul.