[fedora] Re: Large HD support issues - clunk of death?

Peter Loron peterl at standingwave.org
Wed Feb 23 20:40:13 UTC 2005

Thomas Cameron wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Loron" <peterl at standingwave.org>

Well, I ran the Seagate utility and the disk checked out fine. The same
behavior replicated itself on another machine (different motherboard).
Machine #2 has a 200GB drive in it with Windows that is fine. Also same
behavior when plugged in to a Promise Ultra100TX IDE card in machine #1.

I swapped the drive out for a new one and the new one behaves the same.
Grrr. An old 20GB Maxtor is working just dandy in machine #1.

Maybe it is some odd corner-case incomatability with that particular
drive series, FC3, and my hardware?

Sigh.

-Pete