Squid question in FC3

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Feb 24 16:28:06 UTC 2005

Chris wrote:
> I tried that, it failed with following msg:
>
> restorecon set context /var/spool/squid->system_u:object_r:squid_cache_t
> failed:'Permission denied'
>
> BTW, I also tried that command on /tmp/squid without mount shm to it (just to test the
> result of it...), and the command succeeded, but when I point the cache dir to
> /tmp/squid, I still get the same error...

That's because the policy for /tmp is not the same as for
/var/spool/squid so restorecon will set different contexts for the two
directories.

I think your best bet now is to follow Rahul's advice; update all
selinux-related packages to the latest ones available, relabel the
machine and if it still doesn't work, try the fedora-selinux list.

Paul.