Xorg 6.8.2 in FC3?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Feb 27 16:27:34 UTC 2005

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 14:38:07 +0000,
  Ian Miller <fedora at thetasig.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 01:27:10PM +0100, Tor Harald Thorland wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Will there be a Xorg 6.8.2 for FC3?
> > Will this maby fix the problems we have with ATI Radeon on mobile computers?
> >
> > THT
>
> I had some problems with a Radeon 7500 (desktop) - but these seem
> to have been solved by upgrading to 6.8.2.
>
> You can do this by invoking:
>
> yum --enablerepo=development update xorg-x11

Isn't development using a different level of glibc and shouldn't this
be a problem using those rpms on FC3?

If there isn't a problem I want to try those out, but since I use dialup
or burn CDs at work, I didn't want to go to the trouble of trying it
if there seemed to be a good chance it wouldn't work.

I am having significant problems with my ATI 9200 when using 3d graphics
and it seems like there is a good chance that things could work better
with 6.8.2.