long wait for log out window

Kumara kumara.jayaweera at damad.com
Sun Feb 27 22:15:31 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Angelo Machils" <angelus at sangreal.demon.nl>
To: <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 12:12 AM
Subject: long wait for log out window

> Hello there!
>
> Since a while (since 2.6.10-1.766_FC3???) I have noticed that when I
> choose 'Log Out' from the window in Gnome (running on FC3 x86-64, fully
> updated) it takes a very long time before the actual window (where you
> can choose either to logout, halt or restart the system) appears. I'm
> talking several minutes here, and during that time I can also choose
> nothing from the menu, but for the rest the system works without a
> fault. Top says the system is pretty much idle, so it's not a
> performance problem.
> Does anyone else have this problem? Is it a known bug?
>
> Kind regards, Angelo
>
> --
>
> I have the same problem in FC3,
what I do there is, I get the shut down screen but wait for a few seconds
(10 seconds)  prior to issuing shut down, reboot or log out,
at this time, I see hard disk led is lit continuously,
then, press "ok" button, following this rule, I can shut down my system
within one minute.
this is my issue and the remedy I found.
Mohan