Xorg 6.8.2 in FC3?

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 13:45:57 UTC 2005

For what it's worth, I've been having freezing problems with a
conventional PCI Radeon 9250 (default drivers) on an NForce 4 board in
64 bit mode. Upgrading to a (recompiled) development X didn't help, but
turning off ACPI seems to have helped. (Add noacpi to the kernel boot
line).

I haven't had that setting for long enough to be *sure* that everything
is now working well (nor yet have I reverted the RPMs I installed) but
I don't think the system has frozen since I turned off ACPI.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else finds this setting works for
them.

James.
--
James Wilkinson       | I'm trying to work out how come I can sense you may be
Exeter    Devon    UK | short and stout.