Linux Sun's JVM needs improvements

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Feb 1 02:58:23 UTC 2005

Edward Yang wrote:
> Gain Paolo Mureddu wrote:
>
>> Sam Varshavchik wrote:

>>> I agree 100%.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, it looks like you posted your message to the wrong
>>> mailing list.  This is not the Sun Java mailing list.
>>>
>> This was actually a clean follow up to a series of posts about memory
>> management in FC and Java came up, hence I forked the thread (too
>> long, anyway) into this thread. So no, it is not the wrong list ;)
>>
> Okay, I want to add more about Sun's JVM performance.
>
> I have posted a message to Sun's forum about the memory footprint of the
> JVM on FC3. Please visit
> http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=590956 for the message.

So if I understand this a bit, you are running Windows and then using
Microsoft virtual machine to run Fedora, then running a java virtual
machine and it is being a resource hog?

Did you try to run RHL 8.0, then launch the microsoft virtual machine
program through wine to launch Fedora and see if the memory resources
are any better?

Jim

--
Freedom is nothing else but the chance to do better.
		-- Camus