Swap partition size (future proofing)

Edward edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 1 11:20:43 UTC 2005

David Fletcher wrote:
> I've just ordered the parts to build a new PC :)
>
> The motherboard (Intel D865PERL) has four memory module sockets which can take
> a total of 4G RAM.
>
> I have ordered a single 1G memory module, leaving me plenty of scope to expand
> the memory later if I want to.

Just a side note - the others are already answering your questions
below,  if you have not received the 1Gb yet, cancel and change it to
two 512Mb modules. In most cases it will only cost you about $10 more or
so, but the PERL can use Dual Memory Channels. In my year or so working
with those boards I can almost guarantee you at least 10% speed increase
in the system as a whole.

Regards,
Ed.