bttv tuner

Simon Andrews simon.andrews at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Feb 1 13:11:22 UTC 2005

Eric Tanguy wrote:
> Le dimanche 30 janvier 2005 à 20:18 +0100, Eric Tanguy a écrit :
>
>>My bt878 capture card worked before but now with the last updated kernel
>>i can't have it to work. I have no /dev/video*. What could be the
>>problem ?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Eric
>
> When i launch  sudo modprobe bttv
> FATAL: Error inserting bttv
> (/lib/modules/2.6.10-1.741_FC3/kernel/drivers/media/video/bttv.ko):
> Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
>
> And in dmesg :
> bttv: Unknown parameter `'

This sounds familiar - others have reported the same message for
different modules.  I belive that the new kernel is more picky about the
formatting of modprobe.conf.  Specifically it barfs if there are extra
spaces at the end of any of the lines.  Try deleting any trailing spaces
on lines in modprobe.conf and trying again.

Simon.