Hybrid CD wrongly mounted in FC3

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at predichem.com
Tue Feb 1 18:41:42 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 19:29, James Wilkinson wrote:
> Tarjei Knapstad wrote:
> > After installing FC3 from scratch on a box that previously had FC1 I was
> > going to install Maple 9.5 which comes on a hybrid CD for
> > Linux/MacOS/Windows (depending on what OS you mount it, the install
> > files for that OS will show up).
> >
> > When I mounted this CD under FC1 the correct files showed up, but on FC3
> > I got the MacOS part of the CD and couldn't install (!).
> >
> > What gives? Are there any parameters I can give to 'mount', or is this a
> > bug?
> >
> > I've solved this by simply mounting the CD on a FC1 box, tarballing all
> > the files and copied them over the network, but would like to know for
> > future reference, and possibly bugzilla this.
>
> This was asked not long ago:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-January/msg05386.html
>
> Hope this helps,

Thanks James, it didn't actually occur to me to search for Maple 9.5...
:-S

In any case, should this be considered a bug? When there a multiple
filesystems on a CD, should the iso9660 fs be automatically selected as
the one to mount automatically?

It would be nice to at least have mount notice you of this:

"This media has several filesystems available: hfs, iso9660, xxx.
Automatically mounting hfs."

I guess hybrid cd's aren't all too common, so maybe this is much ado
about nothing.... :)

--
Tarjei