Synaptic not feeling well

Daniel Moyne dmoyne at tiscali.fr
Tue Feb 1 18:48:56 UTC 2005

Le Mardi 1 Février 2005 19:10, Paul Howarth a écrit :
> דותן כהן wrote:
> > This message is posted two two lists as I am quite uncertain as to
> > which of them would be less unappropriate.
> >
> > Today, when I went to open synaptic from the kde menu on FC3, I
> > noticed that it was missing! So I opened it from a terminal, but
> > cannot update- no matter what I try to update I get this error (or one
> > vey similar):
> >
> > APT system reports:
> > E: Unknown signature
> > /var/cache/apt/archives/taglib_0%3a1.3.1-1_i386.rpm: (SHA1) DSA sha1
> > md5 (GPG) NOT OK (MISSING KEYS: GPG#1ac70ce6)
> > E: Unknown signature
> > /var/cache/apt/archives/amarok_0%3a1.1.0-2_i386.rpm: (SHA1) DSA sha1
> > md5 (GPG) NOT OK (MISSING KEYS: GPG#1ac70ce6)
> > E: Error(s) while checking package signatures:
> > 0 unsigned package(s)
> > 2 package(s) with unknown signatures
> > 0 package(s) with illegal/corrupted signatures
> >

> > Um, what can I do? I should probably mention that I have about two
> > weeks of linux experience under my belt.
>
> # rpm --import
> http://fedoraproject.org/pre-extras/RPM-GPG-KEY-Fedora-Pre-Extras
>
> That should fix the "missing keys" problem.
>
> As for why synaptic would go missing from the KDE menu, I've no idea; I
> don't use either synaptic or KDE myself.
I experienced problems myself with synaptic at another level I tried to edit
the repositry list and I made something wrong in one of the entries ! ; now
nowaqy to open synaptic anymore at it says that the repositry list is
corrupted (but it saved it as such before !) ; I removed synaptic reloaded it
again : noway as the same corrupted repositry list is used ! ; I wish I knew
where to clean it up !

--
kernel 2.4                            / --- \