Swap partition size (future proofing)

David Fletcher fm_maillists at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 1 19:05:52 UTC 2005

Thanks for all of the advice.

I think I'll see what the auto swap partition size is with 1G RAM, then maybe
double it.

The reason I want to have lots of memory available is, I have a Bronica SQ-B
camera, which produces 6cm square images on 120 roll film. When I scan these
on my Epson Perfection 2450 Photo, I can end up with a digitised image which
is 5100 pixels square. Amongst other things, I want to start using the
digital equivalent of the graduated neutral density filter using two
differently exposed images of the same scene, which needs much more than the
3x128M RAM and Celeron 633 I've currently got. And with a 3GHz P4 it should
be much faster calculating the dithering for doing prints.

Dave Fletcher