Open Mac screenshot on Fedora

Hannes Mayer h.mayer at inode.at
Tue Feb 1 21:05:41 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 14:14 -0600, Richard Humphrey wrote:
>
>>According to my Mac source, it is a pict file and the only thing he
>>knows willopen it is Photoshop.
>

> The netpbm-progs package contains a program picttoppm that will convert
> a pict file to a portable pixmap, which in turn can be converted into
> many different formats. See "man picttoppm" for details.
>
> Paul.

Thank you very much Richard and Paul!

I have netpbm-progs installed, but picttoppm is missing. The man page
is there, but the binary picttoppm is missing.
I verified the rpm netpbm-progs-10.19-7.i386.rpm at
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/
and the binary is missing there too.

So I went to the netpbm homepage
http://netpbm.sourceforge.net/
and compiled it from source in order to get picttoppm.
Converting the screenshots worked and I can open them in GIMP!

Thanks a lot again :-)

Best regards,
Hannes.