Partial udev/hal/kernel recognition of usb storage

meherenow at darkglobe.org meherenow at darkglobe.org
Tue Feb 1 23:59:03 UTC 2005

Apologies for this reposting, unclear if first posting got through to list.

It seems that FC3 can "almost" see the drive, it picks up the following
information when the drive is attached, but doesn't go as far as creating a
device point and a mount point...

Which files do I need to edit to make the final jump to a fully auto mounting
usb memory stick?

The stick itself is a 1GB Crucial/Micron USB 2.0 device. My machine is up2date
with all the current FC3 updates.

(ps it's formated as FAT and works under 'doze)

Many thanks.

dmesg shows:

usb 1-1.3: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 11
usb-storage: device found at 11
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
  Vendor: Crucial   Model: Gizmo             Rev: 1.00
  Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 01 CCS
usb-storage: device scan complete

tail -f /var/log/messages shows:

Feb  1 19:39:30 miniegg kernel: usb 1-1.3: new full speed USB device using
ohci_hcd and address 11
Feb  1 19:39:30 miniegg kernel: scsi6 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage
devices
Feb  1 19:39:35 miniegg kernel:   Vendor: Crucial   Model: Gizmo
Rev: 1.00
Feb  1 19:39:35 miniegg kernel:   Type:   Direct-Access
ANSI SCSI revision: 01 CCS

lsusb shows:

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 011: ID 0634:3400 Micron Technology, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 009: ID 0409:0058 NEC Corp. HighSpeed Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

--

Cheers,
       Dave