sound and internet problems on FC2

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Wed Feb 2 01:54:13 UTC 2005

Charles Malespin wrote:

> Hi,
>     I am a very new linux user and I finally got XP and FC2 to play
> together on a dual boot.  Now I am having two small problems
> with fedora.  1)  I am using a dell USB wireless reciever that just
> plugs in and connects me to the internet getting the signal from a
> wireless router in my roommates room.  When I use the internet config
> wizard it doesnt seem to find it or have any option for me to use so
> that I can connect.  Am I missing something or do I need to pick some
> other choice?  I am really new to this so I didnt know what to do or
> pick....
> 2)  When I run the sound card test I hear the test sound out of my
> speakers fine, but when I play a CD through gnome CD, nothing comes
> out....  Do I need to fix something before I play CDs?  Any help would
> be appreciated, thanks in advance
> Charles

> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=30648/*http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/jibjabinaugural.html>

Charles, you also should check your sound volume control settings.  FC2
default settings on sound at boot are for volume set to zero.  On the
popup menu to Sound and video --> volume control and check your
settings.  Push the volume sliders to the top.  You may have to
re-adjust the volume settings everytime you reboot the system.