OpenOffice java support

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 2 15:07:44 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Gedas <deeprest at chatsubo.lt>
Sent: Feb 2, 2005 8:00 AM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Subject: OpenOffice java support

Hello,

I want to do some database stuff with OO.o and PostgreSQL. I'm trying to
turn on Java support in OO.o in order to add PostgreSQL JDBC driver and
I am having trouble with turning it on. In Tools -> Options ->
OpenOffice.org -> Security I turn Java support on and click Ok button.
Next time I open Options dialog and I see that java support is still
off.

I have Sun Java 1.4 installled and java binary in my $PATH. I use OO.o
1.1.3 on FC3.

Does anybody know what might be the problem?

Thanks

-----James' reply-----
Gedas:

Do you have a JAVA_HOME directory set?  If not set it to the directory below where your Java binaries reside.  For example if your Java binaries path is:  /usr/j2dk1.5/bin  you would set JAVA_HOME to: /usr/j2dk.15
for the bash shell the command looks like:
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/j2dk.15

--

James McKenzie
A Proud User of Linux!