Recommendations for laptop a/c management?

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Wed Feb 2 16:07:12 UTC 2005

Around about 02/02/05 13:13, Leonard Isham typed ...
> On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 07:09:08 -0600, Jeff Vian <jvian10 at charter.net> wrote:
>>You might want to create a separate /home2 for the home account so it is
>>accessible from both locations.  User IDs (uid) being the same at both
>>sites would make the copy easy with permissions for both users in the
>>same directories.
>
> I don't claim to be an expert,  but if you have to sync 2 home
> directories I would look at Unison
> (http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/).

   That looks feasable;  as long as the box is happy with two accounts
having the same UID, it should be OK (I guess that was the trick I was
missing).  Worst comes to worst, I guess I could use some form of local
rsync or whatever.

   Ta.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature

-=-=-
... Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and
used.