Windows shares don't show up

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Wed Feb 2 15:42:03 UTC 2005

antonio montagnani ha scritto/wrote il giorno/on 02/02/2005 09:39:

> I have Linux-Windows networks.
> I can share folders by Samba on my Linux machines.
> When I use Network Server I can see the list of my Windows machines,
> my shared folders on the Windows machines, but if I click on any of
> them Network Servers tries to open it but it doesn't succeed.
> My FC3 pc's are fully updated, and also my Windows pc's (running
> either XP Home edition or XP Professional).
> It was working fine in the past (i.e. with FC2 and no SP2 on Windows):
> I do not remember when this started, if after FC2 to FC3 upgrade or
> SP2 installation.
>
> Tnx

This is the output of smbclient command
smbclient -L Maxdata
Password:
Domain=[MAXDATA] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        Lavoro          Disk
        IPC$            IPC       IPC remoto
        print$          Disk      Driver della stampante
        SharedDocs      Disk
        EPSONSty        Printer   EPSON Stylus C62 Series
        Musica          Disk
        ADMIN$          Disk      Amministrazione remota
        Immagini        Disk
        C$              Disk      Condivisione predefinita
        Software        Disk
        Musicaok        Disk
Domain=[MAXDATA] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------

        Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------

Please note that my Workgroup is called Workgroup in Windows
and this is my samba.conf file:

 Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
# Date: 2005/02/02 16:36:06

# Global parameters
[global]
	server string = Samba su PC233
	null passwords = Yes
	username map = /etc/samba/user.map
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	max log size = 50
	os level = 255
	preferred master = Yes
	domain master = Yes
	dns proxy = No
	wins support = Yes
	guest ok = Yes
	hosts allow = 192.168.0.0/24, localhost

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	read only = No

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/spool/samba
	printable = Yes
	browseable = No

--

 Antonio M.

 Working with  Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 3