100% Linux - Is it possible?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Feb 2 20:46:26 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 19:38 +0000, Pete Choppin wrote:
> I was just looking for a consensus on this...
>
> I have been working with Fedora Core 3 for the past month.  My new
> years resolution was to learn Linux.  So far, so good.
>
> I created a dual-boot Fedora / Windows XP.  I am now seriously
> considering going completely 100% Linux and dumping my Windows
> partition entirely.
>
> The question is - can you live completely without Windows, or do you
> sooner or later have to resort to Windows again?
----
Well to tell the truth, I have a Windows XP system here - available on a
KVM.

I only use it...

- to connect to a Windows Terminal server that I don't want to force
them to buy a license for me if I use Linux RDP
- to check web sites for compatibility
- to experiment with client software as I dabble in openldap/cyrus-imap
and server stuff that I will know what to expect in client's offices
- my kids come over and use it

other than that - all email, word processing, spreadsheets, web surfing,
etc...linux

I think it all gets easier once you stop using Windows as a crutch (i.e
editing files, downloading files, etc.)

Craig