Rhythmbox Question

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Feb 2 22:25:27 UTC 2005

On 02/02/2005 02:18:36 PM, Terry R. Grier wrote:
> Hello.
> I cannot get Rhythm box to work under FC3. I followed these
> instructions.
> http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-30441.html
>
> I can start the program fine.  When I try to 'play' a song (mp3) I
> get this msg.
>
> 'The Application "rhythmbox" has quit unexpectedly.
> You can inform the developers of what happened to help them fix it.
> Or you can restart the application right now.'
>
> I am trying to join the rhythmbox mailing list but I am having
> troubles with that ....but I will continue...

I don't know what your issue is - but it may be some of the rpm's
listed at that site. The gstreamer-plugins-mp3 rpm they list I believe
is actually intended for fc2 and not fc3 - which has a newer base
gstreamer-plugins package.

Uninstall them, add the FC3 rpm.livna.org repositories - then run

yum install gstreamer-plugins-mp3

That will pull in any dependencies.