100% Linux - Is it possible?

Anthony E. Greene tony at greene-family.org
Wed Feb 2 23:03:34 UTC 2005

On 21:38 Feb 2, 2005 pchoppin at comcast.net (Pete Choppin) wrote:

> I have been working with Fedora Core 3 for the past month.  My new
> years resolution was to learn Linux.  So far, so good.
> I created a dual-boot Fedora / Windows XP.  I am now seriously
> considering going completely 100% Linux and dumping my Windows
> partition entirely.
> The question is - can you live completely without Windows, or do you
> sooner or later have to resort to Windows again?

I used Linux exclusively at home from 1998-2003. Now I use Windows once a
year to run income tax software. I must admit that FC3 is the best distro
I've used so far. Except for the work required to get support for MP3 and
various video formats working, FC3 has a full set of tools for the things I
need and want to do. Now if only there were a Linux version of TaxCut...

--Tony