FC3 and ThinkPad T41 - FINALLY SOLVED

Chris Ruprecht chris at ruprecht.org
Thu Feb 3 01:39:36 UTC 2005

Shannon,

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 08:36 -0500, Shannon McMackin wrote:

> I have a T41 running FC3 and I have sound.  There was an issue with
> sound in the latest 2 stock kernels, but recompiling seems to have made
> that issue go away.

I used to build my own kernels in the pre-2.0 era. But the current
kernels require too much knowledge of your hardware - so I have not made
any attempts lately. What I would like to see is the config file that is
used to build the stock kernel, or how else are kernels built these
days? Did you simply run rpmbuild --rebuild? In which way would that
differ from the stock kernel?
Or did you use your own config file? If so, could you send me that and
some more insight in how to compile the FC3 760 (or so) kernel (not the
stock 2.6.10 kernel ;).

> As far as suspend, try Software Suspend 2.  I use it and I suspend in
> about 30 seconds and resume just fine.  Again, compiled kernel is the
> only way to get there.
>
> Shannon

Thanks for the help,
Chris

--
chris ruprecht - network grunt and bit pusher extraordinaíre