Why I think FC3 sucks!

Joseph Green jgreen at 8x8.com
Thu Feb 3 03:17:34 UTC 2005

Edward Yang wrote:

> Chris Stark wrote:
>
>> Edward Yang wrote:
>>
>>> The post by the WORST PERSON is a very excellent example to proove
>>> what I say - "Linux community has a dark side".
>>

>> Please come here for help -- that's what this list is for -- but can
>> we please cut this out?
>>
>> Every community has people that fit into every personality type. Some
>> people are friendly, and some are downright rude. Making that sort of
>> judgment can be done outside of this list. Our common thread here is
>> that we all use Fedora Core Linux.
>>
>> Just as shouting "Apple sucks!" on an Apple list will make people
>> angry, saying that "FC3 sucks" on this list will do the same. Please
>> stop making broad negative statements about this community -- there
>> are many of us here who would just as soon give you the shirts off
>> our backs if you so needed it.
>>
> So, I wonder if you support name calling (as Mr. WORST calling me ****
> in every post and every paragraph)?

I don't support name calling, but you did do it first ("FC3 Sucks" is
the equivelent of calling everyone on this list a bad name, as we're all
involved in some manner with the development of FC3). That doesn't
neccessarily make it okay for thomas to unleash the language like that,
but you've done nothing but present problems that aren't related to
Fedora CORE 3 as if they're bugs in the way FC3 is put together and
functions. Gnome is NOT developed by the FC3 developers, it is an
optional package that you may choose to install when you are installing
FC3. VirtualPC is NOT developed by the FC3 developers. Java is NOT
developed by the FC3 developers.

If you're having issues implementing certain software packages, as you
have in prior posts as well as this one, then you could ask for help
here. Understand though, that the FC3 developers, and FC3 as an install,
are not responsible for watching everyone elses coding and making sure
that ALL optional software packages run perfectly on every possible
hardware configuration.

sorry for beating a dead horse guys, I just caught this thread before
leaving work. I wish that other distros had a group as responsive as you
guys.

 -Joseph Green

<PS> thanks for the bits on procmail scripts guys, I'm a procmail/linux
noob and that helped me with some filtering I've been trying to do