Apache suEXEC help - solved!

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Feb 3 06:10:36 UTC 2005

    Never mind, I figured it out.  All users need to be defined under
the docroot for suEXEC to work.  That said, docroot (for suEXEC) does
not need to be the same docroot for the main server's html pages.

    So, I now have a suEXEC docroot of /var/www/virtual and I have
individual users' cgi-bin in there and then symlinked back to their
actual $HOME space.  Which brings me to my next question: do I leave
that symlink owned by them, or by another user to prevent accidental
deletion of it?  (The files with it are still owned by the user so they
can do whatever they want with them obviously, but the symlink itself...?)

    Also, this poses a problem with quota as well.  How do I take their
cgi-bin folder into account when calculating quota usage?