bluetooth MS mouse, no scroll

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Feb 3 06:19:49 UTC 2005

Andrew otte wrote:

> Am a linux newbie and just installed a bluetooth MS intellimouse
> explorer (the latest one with vertical and horizontal scrolling).  It
> worked on fc3 out of the box but without scrolling.
> I have looked around and tried tweaking xorg.conf and gotten nowhere
> so far.  Is there anything I need to know about to get this mouse
> scrolling?

Welcome to the club. The program you want to use is xmodmap to asign and
re-map your buttons, but for some reason this doesn't always work... In
xorg.conf (I have an Intellimouse Explorer Wireless 2.0) I have:
Option "MouseButtons" " 7"
Opton "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"
Option "Resolution" "100"

Worth noting, this is the same configuration I had in xorg.conf for
Fedora 2 (Xorg 6.7) and xmodmap worked like a charm. Anyway, with that
in the config file, I try next to execute:

xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 4 5"

And even though this seems to work OK, I don't get mouse buttons 4 or 5
events whatsoever (they are mapped as buttons 3 and 2 respectively)...
I've been trying to find a way to solve this to no avail.