...which cannot be installed with system-config packages

THUFIR HAWAT thufir.hawat at mail.com
Thu Feb 3 06:25:34 UTC 2005

In order to get my USB wireless network adapter driver working, I need the kernel source, apparently.  Which .rpm would I want, then, please?

--
Thufir

///////////old messages//////////////

THUFIR HAWAT wrote:

    The file "/home/thufir/Desktop/kernel-2.6.10-1.741_FC3.src.rpm" is a source RPM which cannot be installed with system-config packages.

    Then, I need a different rpm to install the kernel?

    Thanks,

    Thufir

Hello fan of Dune,

This is the SOURCE rpm package so if you want the BINARY kernel package it is indeed the wrong one. You want the one without src in its name.

You could still potentially install that source package using the shell and then enjoy a bit of compilation

hth

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm