why I think thunderbird sucks! (was Re: Why I think FC3 sucks!)

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Feb 3 06:27:15 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 23:15 -0700, Mike Hoy wrote:
> why i think thunderbird sucks..
>
> i have  filter set up to kill this "why i think FC3 sucks!" thread and a
> few others. but thunderbird only applies the filters once the emails are
> downloaded. So it's a nice way to put all of your emails away when
> you're done reading them but not for killing threads like this one.
>
> note: the suject 'why i think thunderbird sucks' is in jest. i like the
> program.
>
> mike hoy
>
> Yea i know i shouldn't have done this but i am just so frustrated with
> having to sift thru this nonsense every single day!
----
you gots to take the good with da bad - I have nuked that thread many
times - I don't read it

use a threaded view in Thunderbird, collapse the thread, delete the one
remaining 'top' and they all delete with it at the same time...best you
can do with filters.

Now, with procmail or sieve, you can send it to bit bucket before it
ever gets to Thunderbird but I don't generally create rules for
'threads' only obnoxious people  ;-)

Craig