Fedora Extras available for download

Dennis Calhoun dcalhoun at blomand.net
Thu Feb 3 07:00:23 UTC 2005

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 12:19:35 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>So you're wondering what's up with Fedora Extras these days. We have an
>announcement to make.
>
><Sopwith> So what should I put in the announcement?
><|Jef|> Sopwith: that we are all deeply deeply ashamed for the delay and
>we throw ourselves on the mercy of the community and ask for forgiveness
>
>Thanks to the efforts of all the Extras contributors, you can now get
>Fedora Extras packages from the main Fedora download site at
>http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/
>
>Fedora Extras are sets of packages that augment Fedora Core but do not
>replace Fedora Core component packages. These packages, like all packages
>that are part of The Fedora Project, must conform to the legal
>requirements of the project and conform to the Fedora Extras policies.
>
>Examples of packages currently available in Fedora Extras include:
>	bittorrent cfengine gqview jikes libsigc++ openslp rxvt sqlite
>	starfighter zope
>with a total of over 500 packages available!

[snip]

That sounds great, but the Extras don't seem to be available from the
URL that you've shown above. All I see there is as follows;
 3/                               01-Feb-2005 19:33    -
 EXTRAS                           02-Feb-2005 02:33  758
 PRE-EXTRAS                       02-Feb-2005 02:33  758
 RPM-GPG-KEY-Fedora-Extras        02-Feb-2005 17:06  2.0K
 RPM-GPG-KEY-Fedora-Pre-Extras    02-Feb-2005 17:06  2.0K
 development/                     01-Feb-2005 13:21    -
 testing/                         03-Feb-2005 00:46    -

--
Dennis C.