FC3 Up2date "custom kernel"

Nicholas Comino celloworld at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 08:14:28 UTC 2005

I've updated the kernel to 2.6.10 previously as part of installing
additional drivers required for networking. With updates, I don't know
enough to be particularly selective, I've been working through a few each
day with a view to getting almost all installed or ignored. I'm stuck at the
update for 'hal' with the following error:

"There was a package dependency problem...
hal-0.4.7-1.FC3     requires kernel >=2.6.10"

I don't think I really need that particular update, solving this is more a
learning and avoiding the issue in future. Previously I've been told not to
worry about custom kernel warning in up2date. But can I revert to the rpm
version of kernel2.6.10 (using up2date) without losing the additional
indispensable networking drivers? It could be I'm misunderstanding the
problem entirely.

~Nick
(newbie)