shifted screen

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Feb 3 10:04:57 UTC 2005

RAT wrote:

>Dunno why, but my desktop is bit shifted, apx 5pxs right and 5pxs down.
>I have BenQ LCD and ATI 7200 graphic card and I don't see this happening
>in Windows, only in FC3. The resolution is 1280x768 at 60hz . What could be
>the issue? I've tried another driver, but no change.

Linux and Windows usually use different geometry settings for the screen
display, I *think* you could try to fiddle with xorg.conf and try to see
if you can tweak the hsync and vsync values so that the screen has the
very same geometry in Windows and Linux, this could also be dependant on
driver, and since you have a 7200, you are using the provided driver
(DRI), that could also explain the difference.