why I think thunderbird sucks! (was Re: Why I think FC3 sucks!)

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Thu Feb 3 10:17:24 UTC 2005

On Thursday 03 February 2005 07:56, Mike Hoy wrote:
> >use a threaded view in Thunderbird, collapse the thread, delete the one
> >remaining 'top' and they all delete with it at the same time...best you
> >can do with filters.
> >
> >Now, with procmail or sieve, you can send it to bit bucket before it
> >ever gets to Thunderbird but I don't generally create rules for
> >'threads' only obnoxious people  ;-)
>
> threaded view is nice. will have to look into procmail and sieve.. but
> for now i think threaded view is gonna work fine.
>
> mike h

I've switched from thunderbird to KMail partly for the reasons you've
mentioned about being flooded with uninteresting emails. In Lmail you can set
it to ignore certain threads and alert you to new emails in other 'watched'
threads. You could probably make a pop rule to avoid even downloading the
threads you don't want.

I'd recommend the change, I'm much happier with Kmail now (running in Gnome
by-the-way)

Duncan