Screen Refresh Rate

jim lawrence fedorajim at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 15:14:00 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 21:12:07 -0700, Leo Donahue <elmoses at cox.net> wrote:

> Well, I was able to install FC3 and get all 189 updates, including a newer
> kernel on my laptop.
>
> However, upon reading the website Linuxonlaptops.com, I realize that my
> Gateway 9500 has only had prior success with RedHat 7.2 and 9.0.
>
> That would probably justify why I can only get 800x600 resolution and why I
> seem to have a column of pixles that like to flash on and off like a visible
> refresh rate.
>
> FC3 picked up my video card, ATI Mobility M4 just fine, I just can't get any
> better resolution.
>
> Leo
> --

Did you try Applications--->System Settings---->Display
Click the  Hardware tab   and Click Configure.    Choose a Generic LCD
display with 1024X768 resolution or better Only if your LCD can
display a higher resolution and if you like to look at Very small
print.  I had the same problem when I first installed FC3 on my
Notebook. After I changed the Above, All is better now. :)

When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle.
It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself.
Registered Linux User: #376813

jim lawrence
128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78