glut problem

"Dr. Ottó Berkesi" oberkesi at chem.u-szeged.hu
Thu Feb 3 16:08:21 UTC 2005

Dear Chaps,

I am trying to help one of my students to do some quantum chemical
calculations. In order to help to prepare the input files we are about
to compile a program named Ghemical under Fedora Core 3 on an AMD64
powered machine. We advanced to the stage when make file was created,
but stopped with an error. It says gluth.h is missing. OK, so we
installed glut.3.7.-12.x86_64.rpm and expected to solve the problem.
Unfortunately, it still missing. Did we install the wrong rpm or any
other mistake? Why the header file is missing?
Please take into account, writing up an answer, that we are newcomers in
Linux-world!

Thanks in advance!

Otto
       Dr.Otto Berkesi                 tel.: Office: +36 62 544 629
     associate professor                     VibLab: +36 62 544 618
Institute of Physical Chemistry,   Prep.Lab.: +36 62 544 000/3 582
    University of Szeged                        Fax: +36 62 544 652
H-6701 Szeged, POBox 105, Hungary         O - M
     Physical location                    /     \    M
   Szeged, Rerrich B. ter 1.           R-C       O <     (Td)
Home:                                     O - M
    H-6754 UJSZENTIVAN
    Rakoczi u. 34/A.        http://www.staff.u-szeged.hu/~oberkesi/
    tel.: + 36 62 277 453          E-mail:oberkesi at chem.u-szeged.hu
mobile: + 36 20 561 64 56