Any mailing list for Fedora newbies?

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 17:50:48 UTC 2005

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 23:13:32 +0530, Rajev Mhasawade <rcmpost at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> It seems this group is meant for geeks.I hardly understand anything :'(
> Is there any special group for Fedora newbies??
> Plzz lemme know.
> Rajev

Not at all... This list is for the Fedora community, new and old...
newbs and geeks alike.

Most people on this list (myself included) don't mind at all helping
others out. I am not a newb, but not an expert either.

Here are a few suggestions for you:

First, ALWAYS search the archives first before just posting questions.
The question you are asking may have been asked and answered several
times already.

Second, Try to provide as much detail as possible when explaining your
problem, but don't send 8 pages of output that makes it hard to find
your question.

Third, Make your subject line meaningful. Don't use a subject line
like "another newb question" or "me again". With all the traffic
generated on this list in just a few hours, most people just skim the
headers to find the messages that are meaningful to them or that they
can help with. Messages with lame subject lines are likely to be
ignored.

I hope some of that helps and makes you more comfortable on this list.
Feel free to ask questions.