FUDCon registration

Gustavo Seabra seabra at ksu.edu
Thu Feb 3 19:30:04 UTC 2005

Gain Paolo Mureddu wrote:

> Elliot Lee wrote:
>
>> The first ever Fedora Users and Developers Conference is happening on
>> Feb.  18th in Boston. If you're on this mailing list, and you've got
>> a strong
>> interest in what's going on in the Fedora Project, you're definitely
>> invited! If you're going to be there, please make sure to register ASAP,
>> because space is limited.
>>
>> Greg's spiffy press release and registration information is up at
>> http://fedoraproject.org/fudcon/
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -- Elliot
>>
>> --
>>

> When I see anouncements like these, I som much regret living down in
> Mexico City... (and not having a US Visa)

Let me use your message to make a suggestion for the future... I believe
that lots of people who would love to be there won't be able for similar
reasons. I this list alone I see messages coming from all over the world!

My suggestion is based on an idea that has been successfully applied in
the theoretical chemistry area for about 10 years, and certainly in
other areas that I don't know about: It's the idea of an "electronic
conference". Better than trying to explain the details here, I would
just point the people interested to one that is just about to happen:
        http://eccc.monmouth.edu/
I know that /the subject/ isn't of any interest for most people in this
list. However the idea of having an electronic version of FUDcon, so
that *everyone* interested could participate, with no restrictions of
space, visa or finances, does seem interesting, at least to me.

Personally, I'm in the US, and would love to be at FUDCon, but can't
afford it. I'd certainly participate in the electronic version

Cheers,

--
Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student