Fwd: Gmail Invites

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 20:41:55 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:34:53 -0800 (PST), Joel Jaeggli
<joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, David Hoffman wrote:
>
> their viral marketing effort has probably run out of steam. I suspect that
> the novelty of having 1GB of mail storage has probably worn off and the
> early adopters who have access to reasonable mail accounts elsewhere have
> gone back to them.

I'm not so sure that has much to do with it. Sure I have e-mail
accounts at other web-based mail providers, and while they all are
trying to compete by allowing more and more storage space, I really
like the way Gmail does several things.

I like how they automatically group threaded messages into
conversations, I like the way their filters work, and how easy they
are to set up, and I like that I don't have to pay extra to have my
mail forwarded to another account, or to have POP access.

That being said, this is not a gmail forum, it's for Fedora, so please
don't take my comments to mean "lets start a huge flame thread about
mail and news readers" or "my mail/news reader is better than yours".
The intentions of the original poster were to offer up invites for
anyone who wanted them. That was cool, and would certainly be
appreciated some people.

--

David