RH7.3 & legacy question

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Feb 3 20:56:42 UTC 2005

On Thursday 03 February 2005 08:23, Paul Howarth wrote:

>>>also the old one in rh7.3?
>>>
>>>--
>>>Bernd ``I doubt that'' R.
>>
>> no. the older versions of up2date did NOT have this feature
>
>Ah, didn't know that. I guess the OP will have to use yum (available
> at http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/7.3/legacy-utils/i386/)
> to keep up to date then.
>
>Paul.

Which is what I'm doing, using yum to upgrade 5 or 6 packages at a
time.  One thing its refusing to do is to update iptables.  This box
has always had a custom kernel on it, currently running a pretty old
2.4.23 something or other with Con Kovolas 'ck6' patchset applied.
I'm not alergic to building a newer kernel, but how do I go about
telling yum that the kernel installed is compatible, or even better,
than the one its looking for?

Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate them.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)