No colour printing?

Scott Anderson scott_anderson at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 21:16:27 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I am confused as to why my printer will not print in colour.  The
cartridge is installed and I have every reason to believe it's full
(it's brand new, in fact - also, if it was running low on ink one would
expect to see strands of unmixed colours from the dregs, while my
printer's output seems to deliberately render anything in colour to
greyscale).

This happens in all printing, regardless of the software involved (gimp,
acrobat, office etc.).  It is an hp deskjet 920c, driver is hpijs.
Driver is set to 300dpi, colour, black + colour cartridge (i.e.,
printout mode = normal).

Black and white is fine (and, evidently, grayscale too).

Has anyone else ever encountered this, or similar?  Cheers in advance,

Scott.